If you want a professional quality cleaning, hire professional cleaning services. However, if you have a weekend to spare and you welcome the challenge and reward of DIY, you can clean your home like a pro as well.
Thoroughly deep cleaning your entire home may seem like a daunting task but it doesn’t have to be overly complicated.
Avoid getting too stressed out by planning ahead and choosing which locations you want to start off with. Typically you want to start with the heaviest or most difficult areas and then work your way down. That way you can keep your momentum and morale high without running out of energy before you make it to the worst spots.
- Lamps, Lampshades, and Electronics
- Nightstand, Desk, and Top of Dresser
- Inside Drawers
- Blankets and Comforters
- Mattress, Pillows, and Bedsheets
- Floors, Including Under the Bed and Underneath Furniture
- Bathtub and Shower
- Linen Closet
- Sink and Counter Tops
- Tile Walls and Shower Doors
- Floors, Including Behind the Toilet
Hallways, Common Areas, and All Rooms
- Ceiling Fans
- Baseboards and Crown Moldings
- Light Switches, Light Fixtures, and Doorknobs
- Window Ledges and Window Wells
- Trash Removal
Time to take a break.
Take a five while you are cleaning to recharge your batteries and refill your gas tank. Enjoy a nice fruit dish, kick your feet up, and pick a sweet cleaning day playlist of your favorite jams. The most important thing is to maintain a positive attitude during your cleaning day so the experience is enjoyable.
Once you’ve spent enough time resting and relaxing, it’s time to get back to work.
- Tabletops and Entertainment Center
- Picture Frames and Fireplace Mantle
- Figurines and Electronics
- Floors, Including Underneath Rugs and Furniture
- Silverware and China
- Tablecloth and placemats
- Tabletop, Chairs, and Runners
- Sinks and Counter Tops
- Wet Wipe Walls and Backsplash
- Stove Top, Stove Fan, Inside Oven, Oven Door
- Exterior Surfaces of Appliances and Cabinet Doors
- Microwave Interior and Exterior
- Inside Fridge and Fridge Door
- Underneath and Inside Small Appliances
- Garage Bay Door
- Shelves and Cabinets
There you have it. Thanks to this handy list from King of Maids’ cleaning services Los Angeles location, we all can have a happy, clean, and healthy abode. With this checklist, your trusty cleaning supplies, and some elbow grease, your house will be sparkling.
Your friends will be envious and your neighbors will decree your house the crown jewel of the block. They will surely ask you, “what service do you use?” No one will ever know that you did it on your own.